Actions and Detail Panel
Newborn Screening Workshop - Toronto
Wed, 26 April 2017, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM EDT
NSO is pleased to host a newborn screening workshop for our Toronto-area submitters and those who may be in town for the BORN conference.
Workshop Goals: To provide the knowledge and skills needed to ensure that successful newborn screening is completed for every baby in your institution/practice.
Cost: Registration is free. Lunch and a coffee break will be provided. Please note that NSO is not able to reimburse travel or parking costs. Attendance certificates will be provided.
Who should attend? The target audience includes anyone involved in the newborn screening process. This may include nurses, midwives, laboratory personnel, clerks and physicians.
- Introduction to Newborn Screening Ontario
- Critical Congenital Heart Disease Screening
- Blood spot collection technique and Unsatisfactory samples
- Timeliness of Newborn Screening: Age at Collection and Transit Times
- Newborn Screening: The family experience
- Missed Screens and tracking newborn screening completion and results