Actions and Detail Panel
“Nobody cares about your business.” – Pitching to Media
Mon, 31 October 2016, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM EDT
Just because you think your product/service/idea is fantastic, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s news worthy. However, there are tips and tricks entrepreneurs can use to increase their chances of media coverage.
In an 90 minutes we will cover:
- The differences between storytelling within marketing and media.
- How to generate story ideas.
- Best practices for writing releases and targeting journalists
- How to build “story elements” for various mediums
- Real world examples of pitches and the results
Speaker Bio: Ryan Gibson oversees marketing & content strategy for Invest Ottawa. He also works with startups to help shape and guide their communications strategies. He previously worked as reporter for CBC Ottawa and spent six years as Director of Operations & Marketing for the national franchise chain Treats Bakery & Cafes. He is board chair for the Ottawa Fringe Festival. He is too sarcastic for his own good.