The 2017 NorthSec edition will take place starting from May 18th, 19th for the Conference, and May 19th, 20th, 21st for the Competition.
1) Does the ticket price include taxes ?
The listed price is does not include GST/QST and eventbrite fees but they will be automatically calculated at checkout. Tax numbers are displayed in the ticket description.
2) Is there an early bird discount ?
Yes. Here are the details:
Early Bird #1 (Until December 31, 2016)
- Conference $150 (50% OFF)
- Competition $80 (33% OFF)
- Conference & Competition $200 (50% OFF)
Early Bird #2 (Until February 28, 2017)
- Conference $200 (33% OFF)
- Competition $100 (17% OFF)
- Conference & Competition $270 (33% OFF)
Full price (Until May 5, 2017)
- Conference $300
- Competition $120
- Conference & Competition $400
3) How can I join a team if I registered as an individual ?
See the following post on EventBrite Help.
4) Students Discount
We are making great efforts to make the event accessible to all student. We are offering a 50% off of the full final price (not the Early Bird price) on conference and competition registrations.
To get the discount, simply email us at email@example.com with your student emails address to receive a discount code. If you register as a student, a valid student id card will be requested to retrieve your badge. No exceptions.
Early Bird rebate does NOT stack on top of Student discount.
5) What can/can't I bring to the event?
You can bring whatever you need. Make yourself confortable. We encourage you to bring decorations (gear, fun stuff, your preferred teddy bear) for the competition.
6) Where can I contact the organizers with any questions?
For any questions, write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7) Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes. Check out this tutorial on how to transfer your ticket to someone else.
8) Is my registration refundable?
9) Competition Teams
When you register for the competition, you will by asked to register a team. Once registered, you will be able to send invitations to your team members so they can join your team. If you want to, you can make your team public so other people can join it.
Any team of less than 8 people will receive a notice 2 weeks before the event about team merging. We will automatically merge people in your team to make's sure every team has 8 participants.
10) Individual participant
Don't worry, we will find a team for each individual participants.
11) Why are we asking for your age?
There will be a bar service during the event and the organisation will ensure that no participant under 18 will be able to drink alchool on site.
13) What are the talks for this year?
Talks will be announced later in 2017.
13) What are the training sessions for this year?
Training sessions will be announced later in 2017.
14) Do I need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa ?
Starting March 15, 2017, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and foreign nationals with a valid visa. For more information, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp.