Actions and Detail Panel
Not-A-Party Election Party Presented by the Urban Worker Project + Gen Why...
Sat, 8 Apr 2017, 7:00 PM – Sun, 9 Apr 2017, 2:00 AM PDT
Speakers + local talent + music + drinks + dancing + all your favourite people.
Doors @ 7pm | Show @730pm | 19+ | Cash Bar
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/673766109476849/
- Stephanie Nakitsas and Andrew Cash - Founders of the Urban Worker Project
- Hessed Torres - migrant worker and community organizer for Migrante BC
- Paul Kershaw - Founder of Generation Squeeze and the Code Red Affordable Housing Campaign
- Irene Lanzinger - President of the BC Federation of Labour and Better Can Happen Here Campaign
- Eugene Boulanger - Independent artist, student, activist for decolonization
- Rachel Flood - new parent, independent worker and representative for $10-a-day Childcare Campaign.
- Rup Sidhu + Anjali Appadurai: https://www.rupsidhu.com/musaic
- DJ youngDene: https://www.mixcloud.com/youngdene/
We would like to acknowledge that these events are being hosted on the ancestral, traditional and unceded Aboriginal territories of the Coast Salish Peoples, and in particular, the Squamish, Musqueam, and Tsleil-Waututh First Nations on whose territory we work, live and play.
SPACE ACCESSIBILITY INFO:
- VMF Front doorway: 0.92m wide (also a double door option)
- VMF Front Door Lip: 6cm high (wooden ramp available)
- Elevator: 2nd Floor Suite #207- Elevator (Dimensions: 1.7m x 1.2m)
- Washrooms @ VMF HQ: 2 x Unisex non-wheelchair accessible washrooms (Dimensions: 1.7m x 1.7m) + (Doorway: 0.77m wide).
- Our Neighbours at Strathcona Brewery Co. have wheelchair accessible washrooms.
- If you require additional elements be taken into consideration/brought into the space to support your ability to attend and participate in this event, please get in touch with the event organizers.
This is the after party for the Urban Worker Project's Skillshare Vancouver event happening 10am - 6pm at Creative Coworkers. Skillshare Vancouver is a chance for independent and freelance workers to come together to connect with experts to get burning questions answered, share hard earned lessons and build community. Together we’ll skill up while we envision how to make work and life more secure in this new economy. This is a separately ticketed event, TICKETS HERE.
We encourage you to cycle, transit or carshare to get to the event! Modo, our exclusive carshare partner and local co-op, is offering new members a $50 driving credit. Use the code SKILLSHARE to sign up.
This party is made possible by the generous support of Gen Why Media, Transformation Projects and Vancouver Mural Festival.