San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
There's a lot going on in Toronto to promote, build with and nurture the Open Web. As one of the Open Web's biggest fans, Mozilla invites you to a night of news, networking and learning.
The night is made up of 3 main components:
10 members of Toronto's Open Web community will give 3 - 5 minute presentations on what they're working on, passionate about or what they want you to be passionate about! Anything goes so long as it's for, about, or using open web technologies.
Speakers from Mozilla include:
- Lawrence Mandel - Building mobile sites for the Open Web
- Josh Matthews - whatcanidoformozilla.org
- John Karahalis - Mozilla's Dev Derby contest
- Alan Kligman - Multiplayer gaming with WebRTC
- Kathryn Meisner - Hive Toronto, including an update on NASA's Space Apps Challenge
- Jen Dodd - Mini Maker Faire Toronto
- Nelson Ko - TikiWiki, "How TikiWiki saved our wedding"
- Babak Basseri and Tobi Ogunbiyi - UofT Students, present their project DivNotes
- Steve Hill - ThoughtWorks, "Unit testing your UI"
- and Ronen Geisler - Tech Joker
- ...and more!
Some things are better discovered hands-on. Check out interactive demos of projects that are being developed right here in Toronto.
- Get hands on with FirefoxOS
- Play mutiplayer games in the web browser
Have an interactive demo you want to show off? Email email@example.com with some info and your contact details to reserve a space.
Sometimes the best discoveries are made during casual conversations. Get to know the local community, build your network, and maybe even be inspired to join someone's project! Light food and drinks will be provided to help fuel your discussions.
6pm - Social hour and Science Fair
7pm - Presentations
8pm - Social hour and Science Fair