Actions and Detail Panel
PACE Resume Hub - Industry Invitation
Tue, 30 May 2017, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM CDT
The University of Winnipeg Professional, Applied and Continuing Education invites you to participate in an upcoming Resume Hub series of events for our programs’ full-time students. Our students value the opportunity to network with established professionals in the various sectors of the local business community and tap into your industry perspective.
A Resume Hub is based on the speed-mentoring concept. This event helps PACE students gain a wider perspective on the screening criteria employers use to short-list candidates for interviews or flag candidates for the discard pile. It provides students with the opportunity to meet one-on-one with recognized industry professionals and get feedback on their resumes. Students will move round-robin across multiple stations, where they will have around 8 minutes with each professional. At the end of the evening, the students should obtain feedback from approximately 8 to 10 different industry professionals.
PACE full-time programs are intense one-year programs where the course content are industry-relevant and applied. Each program incorporates about 25 individual courses, and each with multiple exams, individual, and group projects. The alumni success of the PACE programs has been the key to the increasing popularity.
- Resume Mentoring Round-Robin Session: 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- Mix and Networking Component (with Refreshments): 7:00 to 7:30 pm
- You can participate in as many events as you wish, we welcome you to join as many as you see fit.
- April 18 – Network Security Diploma
- April 18 – Public Relations, Marketing & Strategic Communication Diploma
- May 11 – Human Resources Diploma and Project Management Diploma
- May 30 – Human Resources Diploma and Project Management Diploma
- September 28 – Multiple Programs (Finance, Marketing, Web Development, and Project Management)
- November 16 – Multiple Programs (Project Management and Human Resources)
A small commitment of time will make a huge difference to the future career opportunities for our students. In a tight job market for new professionals, a strong resume can open doors; that might otherwise be closed to new graduates. We hope to see you at this event.
If you would like more information about the event, contact organizer at email@example.com.