San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for Paddle the Peace 2017!
*Looking for Paddle for the Peace? Please click here to visit the Paddle for the Peace Facebook page
Group Paddle takes place Saturday, August 19th
Tickets go on sale Thursday, June 1st at 8:00 am
Registration deadline is Friday, August 11th at 10:30 pm
Shaftesbury Ferry Launch Site to the Lower West Peace Boat Launch
28 km's - approx. 4.5 hours.
One of the wonderful features to this event is a stop for lunch on the shores of the Peace River. Half way through your adventure, you will be treated to a complimentary lunch at the Strong Creek Campground.
Watch for our event volunteers, on your left-hand side as you approach the rest area. Please bring your vessel over to the side of the river and join us for a delicious lunch and socializing with your fellow paddlers. Please keep pets on a leash at all times when not in your craft. Paddlers are welcome to head back out onto the river whenever they are done their meal.
All paddlers must be back on the water by 2:00 pm in order to finish the adventure on time.
While we understand the attraction of being able to stop along the way, for the safety of our participants and volunteers, please do not stop unless it is an emergency.
Canoe and Kayak Rentals
Paddlers are responsible for providing their own canoe, kayak and paddles. If you need to rent a canoe or kayak, please contact Peace River Cabins & Outdoors at 1-877-835-1277 or Northbase Ranch at 1-780-618-6427. Note that there is a limited supply.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Exit point will be Lower West Peace Boat Launch.
- No on site registrations will be taken on the day of the event.
- Dogs are permitted but must be kept on a leash while on shore.
- We're sorry, but there will be no registration refunds, even if the event is cancelled due to unsafe conditions.
- The Paddle the Peace Action Committee may cancel the event at any time if they feel that it is unsafe for participants to paddle. This could be due to weather, low river, etc. If the event is cancelled, participants will be notified by phone at the number they provided upon registration.
- Registrations must be received before August 12th and are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- Waiver and consent forms must be signed on site before taking part in the paddle.
- Participants must provide their own canoe, kayak and paddles for the group paddle and instructional day. Participants are responsible for arranging canoe/kayak pick up and drop off at entry/exit points on paddle day.
- All participants MUST bring their own life jacket, hat, water bottle, sunscreen, bug spray and clothing that is appropriate for rain or shine.
- Event insurance requires that all participants wear a lifejacket. If you do not have a life jacket, you cannot participate in the group paddle.
- Registration deadline is August 11th, 2017
Save This Event
When & Where
Paddle the Peace Action Comittee
Paddle the Peace is a joint planning partnership between County of Northern Lights, Northern Sunrise County, MD of Peace, Town of Peace River and Mighty Peace Tourism.