Pain CARE & Share in Island Health: Stats, Stories & Strategies
2nd Annual Inter-sectoral Pain Conference
Join Island Health, PAIN BC, and the UVic School of Nursing for a day of presentations and conversations on pain care, including Pain Assessment & Management Across the Lifespan and Pain Stories from Care Staff, Students, and Patients.
Who is this event for?
This event is primarily for health care providers who work with people living with chronic pain, although a limited number of tickets are available for the general public.
Registration is required for in-person attendance. Tickets are free, but we ask that you consider a $10 donation to Pain BC. Pain BC runs programs and initiatives that work towards reducing the burden of pain for all people living with chronic pain in British Columbia.
To register, click the Register button on this page. To make a donation after you've registered, click the link below.
Make a $10 donation to Pain BC: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/pain-bc/
Lunch will be provided. Please email the organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any food allergies.
Pain Assessment & Management Across the Lifespan
- Dawn Nedzelski - Chief Professional Practice and Chief Nursing Officer, Island Health
- Dr. Susan Duncan - UVIC School of Nursing Director
- Linda McCUne - Clinical Nurse Educator, Regional Pain Program
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Hance Clarke - Predicting and Managing Post-Operative Pain
- Dr. Clarke is the Medical Director, of the Pain Research Unit in the Department of Anesthesia and Pain Management at the Toronto General Hospital
Strategies for Assessing and Managing Pain Across the Lifespan
- Patients, family members and Health Care Providers Teams from: Neonate, Pediatric, Young Adult, Adult, Seniors/Residential and Palliative Care
Regional Pain Program:
- Dr Donna Buna, Pharmacist Pain Program: Break Through Pain for non-cancer pain
- Linda Cundiff, OT and & Jess Dulong, PT Pain Program Rehab team: Myth & Movement
- Dr. May Caprio Psychologist Pain Program: Trauma informed care
Join us in recognising National Pain Awareness Week: November 6-12, 2016