Actions and Detail Panel
Paint 4 Self - Self Connection Through Intuitive Painting with Fiona Neal a...
Sat, 24 June 2017, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM PDT
PAINT 4 SELF© Self Connection through Intuitive Painting
Unlike other creative activities, in Intuitive Painting the focus is on the process, not the end result. True creativity without criticism competition and comparison, is a rewarding and meditative practice, highly beneficial to health and well-being, welcoming and inclusive to all.
Learning to paint in a way that truly connects with the self in the moment can:
Energize your creative practice,
Develop non verbal expression,
Encourage deeper individual focus,
Promote a positive sense of self.
Through discussion, demonstration and practice you will be introduced to this unique way of expressing creatively. By providing tips and techniques to encourage experimentation and challenge self-criticism, Fiona will guide you through this rewarding expressive painting experience.
Fiona Neal is a West Kelowna artist working primarily in acrylics on canvas.
Studying at Bourneville College of Art, and specializing in painting at Sheffield Hallam University, Fiona was awarded a Bachelor of Fine Arts with First Class Honours.
After immigrating to Canada from the UK in 2003 and having her family, Fiona is spending more and more time painting from her home studio and facilitating workshops around BC. Her work has been sold to collectors over 3 continents and her workshops are in high demand. An award winning Active Member of the Federation of Canadian Artists, Fiona is a passionate educator, keen to share the many benefits of intuitive painting with others.
Date: June 24, 2017
Location: Akashic Ranch - direction and maps found at AkashicRanch.com or The Crystals & Curiosities Cabin Facebook page.
Cabin store only open to participants for the day.
Workshop time: 10:00am to 4:00pm
Admission fee: $75.00 per person plus supplies that you source.
Limited to 15 participants, 12 participants needed to commence workshop. Please sign up early! In the event that we fill up we might hold a duplicate workshop the following day on Sunday June 25, 2017. If tickets run out on Eventbrite please email AkashicRanch@gmail.com and a new ticket sales page will be provided.
What to bring: Your painting supplies, sun protection, wear layers, your folding chairs, blankets, yoga mats, pillows. We will be sitting outdoors to be able to take in the inspiring view.
1. 2 Painting Surfaces - These can be prepared canvas, painted over old canvas, a canvas board, or even a primed piece of hardboard. My suggestion is that one side is at least 24 inches. I prefer to go bigger. Larger surfaces lend themselves easily to process painting techniques. Smaller ones are limiting.
2. Palette - A palette on which you can mix paint, can be anything non porous. I have a wet palette, others use Perspex or silicone, a large plastic plate would work just as well
3. Acrylic Paint - 5 or 6 colours. Your choice, but include white. Can be any brand.
4. Brushes - 2 or three synthetic brushes. Include at least one flat 2 inch brush (or 2 1/2 to 3 inch if you are going for a larger canvas) Brushes can be inexpensive all purpose.
5. Spray bottle for water
6. Piece of old towel or rag
7. Easel (optional) If you would like to use an easel, then please bring one with you, as they are not provided at this location. I always paint standing at an easel as it allows for more expressive movement!
8. For the afternoon you may also like to use the following if you have them:
Fluid acrylics - if you like them.
Additional brushes or mark making implements - such as a card, spatula, or palette knife.
Water-soluble Pencils/pastels - I use these, and you may like to also. They are great products to use in conjunction with paint should you have them
Creativity is the heart of the soul! See you soon!