French Eventbrite Registration Link: https://bioblitz2017ilesgulf.eventbrite.ca
Parks Canada BioBlitz 2017 Gulf Islands -- Pender Islands
When? 24-hours, from 4 pm Friday, June 9 to 4 pm Saturday, June 10
Where? BioBlitz Basecamp is located at the Pender Islands School (5714 Canal Rd). BioBlitz activities will happen on Gulf Islands National Park Reserve land on Pender Island.
What is a BioBlitz? A race against the clock to find and identify as many plants and animals as we can in 24-hours.
How can I join the fun?
- Join the BioBlitz Family Festival for fun activities with experts and interpreters. Suggested for families with children of all ages.
- Head out on Species Surveys with experts. Suggested for adults and families with children 12 and over.
- See. Snap. Upload. Identify. Use your smart phone or digital camera to record the plants and animals you find with iNaturalist.ca.
- Camp over at the BioBlitz Basecamp. Free BioBlitz Camping available at the Pender Islands School on Friday, June 8 and Saturday June 9 for registered participants.
- Volunteer as a Survey Leader, Survey Assistant or Volunteer Photographers. This is only for experienced scientists, naturalists, interpreters, student specialists and photographers.
All activities are free but you must register with Eventbrite or call 250-654-4000 or 1-866-944-1744.
This is a pet-free event.
Thanks to Collaborators:
Beaty Biodiversity Musuem, Canadian Wildlife Federation, iNaturalist.ca, Marine Life Sanctuaries Society, Ocean Networks Canada, Pender Islands Field Naturalists, Royal BC Museum, Royal Ontario Museum, Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea, Vancouver Aquarium, Victoria Natural History Society.
More information: http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/bc/gulf/activ/activ14.aspx.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Call 250-654-4000 or 1-866-944-1744