Pathways Forward to Justice and Reconciliation: Canada, Palestine, Israel
Sales Have Ended
Join us for the annual gathering of the United Network for a Just Peace in Palestine and Israel (UNJPPI).
Your registration includes all meals, the film screening on Friday night and all the workshops and meetings throughout the weekend.
The theme for this year’s gathering is: Pathways Forward to Justice and Reconciliation: Stories from Canada, Palestine and Israel. We are excited by the folks who have agreed to provide leadership: Jonathan Kuttab (a Palestinian Human Rights Lawyer), Lia Tarchansky (producer of the documentary On the Side of the Road), Esther Epp-Thiessen (with the Mennonite Central Committee – Ottawa), Jordan Cantwell (Moderator of the United Church of Canada), Priscilla Settee (a professor with Indigenous Studies at the University of Saskatchewan), Raven Sinclair (a professor with the Faculty of Social work, University of Regina) and many more.
Friday, September 23:
- 4:00 p.m.: Registration begins at 4:00 p.m. at Queen’s House
- 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.: Supper at Queen’s House.
- 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Screening of the documentary On the Side of the Road followed by a conversation and question and answer. Location: Grace-Westminster United Church, 505 - 10th Street East.
Saturday September 24:
- 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.: Spend the day and part of the evening learning about and responding to calls for Justice and Reconciliation from Indigenous peoples in Canada and Palestine. Workshops and presentations will be offered on the following topics: the Spirituality Advocacy: Listening with our Hearts, Human Rights violations, the Calls to Action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Colonization, Zionism, Advocacy, Non-Violent strategies for Resistance,and Exercising our Influence with Government.
- Breakfast, lunch and supper at Queen's House.
Sunday, September 25:
- 8:00 – 9:00 a.m.: Breakfast at Queen’s House.
- 10:30 a.m. Worship at Third Avenue United Church with Moderator Jordan Cantwell speaking on the theme of Being a People of Hope.
- Noon to 1:00: Lunch at Third Avenue United Church.
- 1:15 – 2:45 p.m.: Debriefing the weekend and where do we go from here.
- 2:45 - 3:30 p.m.: Annual meeting of United Network for Justice and Peace in Palestine and Israel.
In order to encourage participation from across Canada, we have a sliding scale for registration and a travel pool. The travel pool will be used to help cover the costs of your travel to the UNJPPI event. Please choose from one of the following categories when you register for a ticket to the gathering:
A. Staying at Centre:
a) Travel pool draw $500
b) No travel pool draw $250
c) Partner, no travel pool $250
d) UNJPPI Complimentary $000
B. Not Staying at Centre
a) Travel Pool Draw $400
b) No travel pool draw $195
c) Partner, no travel pool $195
d) Unwaged $100
Please note that we will collect the registration fees on Friday September 23 when you register. Cash or cheque is the only means by which we can receive payment. Cheques should be made payable to UNJPPI.
We have limited space for participants to stay at the Centre. The spaces at the Centre are included in your registration fee. As of September 5, we have only 5 rooms with a double bed available at Queen’s House.
There are two other accommodation options available if you are planning to come to the UNJPPI Annual meeting and there is not accommodation available at Queen’s House:
Billets: We are working to arrange billets so please indicate when you register that you would be willing to be billeted if they become available.
Colonial Square Inn and Suites: We have reserved a block of 15 rooms at this hotel. The Colonial Inn is a 5-minute drive or a 30 minute walk or bus ride to Queen’s House Retreat Centre. There are some rooms with a king bed but the majority of the rooms are with two double beds making it possible for you to share a room and the costs with someone. The hotel does not have an elevator but they have booked several of the rooms on the ground floor so please ask for one of those rooms if mobility is an issue. The conference rate is $109.00 per room. This rate includes the taxes. If you would like to have a 3rd person in your room there will be an additional cost of $10.00 plus taxes. The block of rooms will be held for UNJPPI until September 2. To book a room call 1-800-667-3939 and ask for a room at the conference rate for UNJPPI. (https://www.colonialsquareinn.com).