Actions and Detail Panel
Patient Engagement in Research Grants: A Practical & Applied Workshop YEG
Thu, 19 January 2017, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM MST
This is a workshop for researchers (principal investigators, investigators, clinicians) and research teams (study coordinator, research associate/assistant) with hands-on practical advice and tips to incorporate patient engagement – the plan, tactics, and language – into the research study design and grant application.
The workshop design is based on needs identified by Alberta researchers and by the Patient Engagement Platform’s ‘real experience’ with consultations.
The workshop is intended to provide participants with the following:
- An overview of what patient engagement in health research is and what it could look like in your project;
- Examples of patient engagement terminology and phrasing to use in grants;
- Evidence (literature list) to support patient engagement and;
- Interactive opportunities to engage in “tell, show, and do” activities
The workshop format is as follows:
- Section 1: Concepts and theories of patient engagement in health research
- Section 2: Real-world examples of patient engagement in research (Alberta cases)
- Section 3: Practical and applied approaches to grant writing from a patient engagement perspective
- Section 4: Opportunity for participants to ask questions and seek advice on their grants and to learn from each other
Dates for grant writing workshops in Calgary will be announced shortly.