Actions and Detail Panel
Peace Leadership International PACS Graduate Student Conference
Fri, 21 Oct 2016, 8:30 AM – Sat, 22 Oct 2016, 9:00 PM CDT
This conference will highlight innovative, creative, and cutting-edge graduate student research and praxis in PACS and related disciplines, further grounding this work within our PACS community. Central to this idea is fostering meaningful connections between the academic and practitioner communities, and the integration of various disciplinary perspectives.
This year’s theme, Peace Leadership, is understood broadly to include various approaches to developing innovative, communicative, and empowering processes for transforming, managing, and resolving conflicts at multiple levels of society.
The following general topics should relate to, or be contextualized within, the topic of peace leadership:
- Social Movements
- Social Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- The Role of the Market, Global Institutions, and Transnationalism
- The Role of Gender, Masculinity and Sexuality
- The Role of the State
- Nonviolence, Religion, and Spirituality
- Children, Youth, and Other Vulnerable Groups
- The Media and Information Technology
- Peace Education, the Arts, and Storytelling Approaches
- Indigenous, Grassroots, Hybrid, and Local Participatory Approaches
- Sustainability and Social Justice
- Peacebuilding and Reconciliation in Divided Societies
- Critical and Emancipatory Peacebuilding
- Culture and Identity
- The Environment and Ecology
- The Tensions between Agency and Structure, and Policymaking
- International Peacebuilding
- Theory Building and Reflexive Praxis.