Actions and Detail Panel
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Provider - NHS - St. Catharines Site
Thu, 25 May 2017, 8:00 AM – Fri, 26 May 2017, 5:00 PM EDT
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
The PALS program structure features a combination of small group sessions, multimedia presentations and practical skills stations specifically geared towards the adult learner. Our certified PALS instructors are a combination of nurses, physicians and respiratory therapists with backgrounds in pediatric emergency and critical care.
Emma Wyatt, MBBS, FRACP
Kevin Middleton, RRT, BSc, MEd
(1) Health Care Professional: RN, RPN, RPh, RRT, MD, DDS, IMG or AEMCA
(2) HSFC Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professionals course
(3) Successful completion of pre-course assessment via the PALS Student website on the Heart and Stroke Foundation's Resuscitation Portal (https://resuscitation.heartandstroke.ca/portalaccess)
Course Materials and Required Pre-Course Preparation
Please allow yourself adequate study time. The PALS Provider Manual (2015 edition) is for use by a single student and provides information needed before, during and after class. The new materials (2015 edition) include the following: PALS Provider Manual and a PALS Pocket Reference Card (with PALS algorithms). Course materials are not included in course cost.
This course requires adequate pre-course preparation including successful completion of a mandatory pre-course assessment. Proof is required during course check-in.
Please refer to our website for details regarding how to obtain course materials and required pre-course preparation:
Please note that the following Cancellation Policy applies to this course:
• Requests to withdraw from a course (cancel registration) can only be completed through the Eventbrite registration system. Please go to www.eventbrite.ca/mytickets to manage your registration.
• Refunds will be made according to the date of the request based on the following timelines:
More than 3 weeks before the start of the course = 100% refund
Between 2-3 weeks before the start of the course = 75% refund
Less than 2 weeks, but more than 1 week before the start of the course = 50% refund
1 week or less before the start of the course = No refund
• If you are unable to attend the course, a friend or colleague can be substituted in your place at no additional charge.
• To transfer to an alternate course date, you must withdraw from the course that you originally registered for and complete the registration process for the course date that you want to attend. Course withdrawal conditions listed above apply.
- No refunds will be issued for withdrawals requested 1 week or less prior to a course. No refunds will be given for “no shows”.