Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Renewal Course - Feb 14
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Renewal Course
The PALS program structure features a combination of small group sessions, multimedia presentations and practical skills stations specifically geared towards the adult learner. Our certified PALS instructors are a combination of nurses, physicians and respiratory therapists with backgrounds in pediatric emergency and critical care.
(1) RN, RPN, RPh, RRT, MD, DDS, or AEMCA
(2) Successful completion of Healthcare Provider CPR (CPR Level C) dated within 12 months prior to the PALS Provider course.
(3) Current PALS Provider status (within past two years)
Required Preparation and Course Materials
Mandatory pre-course preparation is required for admission to this course. For information on how to prepare for this course and how obtain course materials, please go to our PALS Course webpage on our Program website:
Please allow yourself adequate study time. The PALS Provider Manual is for use by a single student and provides information needed before, during and after class. The required course materials include the following: PALS Provider Manual and a PALS Pocket Reference Card (with PALS algorithms). Course materials are not included in course cost. This course will be based on the new 2015 PALS materials.
Kevin Middleton, RRT, BSc, MEd
Emma Wyatt, MBBS, FRACP
Please note that the following Cancellation Policy applies to this course:
• Requests to withdraw from a course (cancel registration) can only be completed through the Eventbrite registration system. Please go to www.eventbrite.ca/mytickets to manage your registration.
• Refunds will be made according to the date of the request based on the following timelines:
More than 3 weeks before the start of the course = 100% refund
Between 2-3 weeks before the start of the course = 75% refund
Less than 2 weeks, but more than 1 week before the start of the course = 50% refund
1 week or less before the start of the course = No refund
• If you are unable to attend the course, a friend or colleague can be substituted in your place at no additional charge.
• To transfer to an alternate course date, you must withdraw from the course that you originally registered for and complete the registration process for the course date that you want to attend. Course withdrawal conditions listed above apply.
- No refunds will be issued for withdrawals requested 1 week or less prior to a course. No refunds will be given for “no shows”.