The Robbins Health Learning Centre - MacEwan University / Edmonton, Alberta, Canada / May 7-10, 2014
The Society of Graphic Designers of Canada invite you to the design conference PICA 2014: Design Pioneers: It's your turn to lead the way. Four days of learning, networking and innovative thinking, PICA is a design conference that brings together visual communicators, educators, students and industry representatives from across Canada to meet and network.
PICA has gathered speakers from around the world to inspire and educate designers including award-winning typographer Alejandro Paul (www.alepaul.com), founder of Sudtipos one of the most successful font design firms in the world, and Ellen Lupton, the Senior Curator of Contemporary Design at the Smithsonian’s Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum in New York City.
Along with the speakers, PICA has a number of events and workshops including:
• The Ground Floor: a day-long series of lectures and panel discussions for students making the transition into the profession of Graphic Design
• Education Stream - Past, Present and Future: a day of workshops and academic presentations about design education
• Lettering for the Masses: A workshop dedicated to hand-drawn type run by renowned typographer Alejandro Paul
• Best Practices for Proposals: Ilise Benun will show designers how to create successful project proposals
• Graphex Awards Gala: An evening event celebrating the very best of Canadian design. The Graphex awards exhibit with the 2013 winning entries will be on display.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing by 4:30pm via e-mail to email@example.com
If PICA 2014 receives your cancellation:
• At least 4 weeks before the conference start date (no later than April 9) – you will receive a full refund minus 10% processing fee
• 3 weeks before the conference start date (no later than April 16) – you will receive a 75% refund
• 2 weeks before the conference start date (no later than April 23) – you will receive a 50% refund
• Less than 2 weeks before the conference start date – you will NOT receive a refund
• “No shows” - you will NOT receive a refund
Name changes and substitutions can be made anytime before the conference start date by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have questions about PICA 2014 - Design Pioneers: It's your turn to lead the way? Please contact us at email@example.com
GDC is a member-based organization of design professionals, educators, administrators, students and affiliates in communications, marketing, media and design-related fields. Our members come together to advance the profession, grow professionally, mentor each other, show off their work, and enjoy the camaraderie.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.