Actions and Detail Panel
PODD Overview Workshop
Fri, 4 November 2016, 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM MDT
About the Course
This one-day workshop will provide teachers, support staff, parents and other communication partners with information and strategies to more effectively interact with and model for children who are learning to use PODD Communication books.
Course outcomes including an understanding of:
- PODD Communication books & their purpose.
- How PODD Communication books differ from other communication aids and approaches.
- How & when to use a PODD Communication book.
- How to teach the child to communicate.
- PODD Communication book design.
- Creating an Aided Learning Language Environment.
Laura Taylor is an educational consultant with Taylor Educational Consultants, specializing in accessible environments and PODD communication. Laura has been an early childhood special education teacher and assistive technology consultant for over 30 years. While teaching. Laura worked closely with families and teams to support the learning of her students both at school and at home.
She completed certification to be a PODD trainer in the fall of 2014 and has conducted introductory trainings throughout the State of Michigan and California. She has conducted presentations throughout the United States at local, state and international conferences on low-tech strategies to support learning, considering the educational environment for all learners, and PODD.