Actions and Detail Panel
Power Up Day Camp
Mon, 24 Jul 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 4:00 PM EDT
TO PROVIDE CHILDREN WITH A WEEK OF FUN ACTIVITIES IN AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE THEY WILL BE CARED FOR AND MINISTERED TO.
FACTS AND REMINDERS:
Camp runs from 9:00 am-4:00 pm. Campers will be traveling offsite once a day by bus to the Port Dalhousie Public Pool for swimming or splashing at the wading pool (depending on age). On Friday we will stay at the church for a carnival day. When you drop off your children you MUST come in with them and sign them in, as well as out at the end of the day. Once campers are signed in they will head into The Dock for our opening activities. At the end of the day, after signing out your children, you will pick them up at the Dock. This will be the same location everyday and there will be posters and staff to guide you. This is for all children, including the older ones. Each day we may have things to give you: your child’s crafts, information, etc. This is especially true on Monday and Friday. At the end of the week make sure to check the lost and found!
WHAT TO BRING:
• Children should dress prepared to be outdoors most of the day.
• Children should bring swimsuit, towel and any other swimming equipment every day.
• Please send your children with sunscreen and bug spray on, in the morning. We will assume they are prepared to be in the sun. Please also send sunscreen and bug spray with them, which we will help them reapply as necessary.
• Please pack a lunch and snacks for your child (ren). Please also send lots of liquids, 1-2 bottles of water and a juice box etc (no pop please). They will be more active than at school and staying hydrated is the number one way to prevent sunstroke. On Friday there will be a pizza day. Each child will receive 2 slices (specified at the beginning of the week at the welcome desk) and a drink. There is no extra fee for pizza day.
• Please do not send any nut products, money, electronics (3DS, cell phones, iPods etc.)
WHAT GROUP WILL MY CHILD BE IN?
Campers will be split into teams. Each will be lead by a Head Leader and have many other Group Leaders helping them. In the morning, the kids will all meet in The Dock for worship and a large group story session. After, the groups will rotate between four stations: Crafts, Games, Snack and Small Group. The groups will be divided by age. The age ranges are flexible in order to allow for equally sized groups. Your child will find out which group they have been placed in closer to camp. We wait until everyone is registered before deciding on the final age breakdowns for each group. If your child has a friend coming to camp who is close to their age and would like to be placed in a group together (and you did not indicate this on the registration form) please let us know as soon as possible by emailing or calling the church office.
We are blessed to have many volunteer leaders from our church. We have many adults and teenagers helping out. All our leaders have gone through training. We would also like to encourage any parents who are interested to volunteer for the week, one or two days, or mornings to help prepare things ahead of time. If interested please email email@example.com or call the church office 905-984-5500.
We will be offering an extended care service this year allowing parents to drop their children off as early as 8:00 am and to pick them up as late as 5:00 pm. Cost is $30 per child/week ($15 for third child and beyond).
WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
Full refunds will be granted if requested six weeks before the first day of camp. Refunds requested after that time will be subject to a $50 administration fee.
If you ever have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the church office at 905-984-5500.