Actions and Detail Panel
Prairie Wood Solutions Fair
Thu, 23 March 2017, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM MDT
Earn up to 6 Structured Learning Units at our one-day educational event featuring international and local wood projects and products!
The Wood Solutions Fair is the only industry event in Canada where you can earn up to six continuing education credits while learning about the latest industry trends and innovations for designing with wood.
Join us on March 23rd and get the inside scoop on incorporating structural wood into local Public Schools, Recreation Facilities, and large-scale mass timber buildings and learn how the use of wood can contribute to reducing our carbon footprint.
Visit the show floor and connect with suppliers and manufactures and network with colleagues.
EXPERT SPEAKERS/TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Liam Dewar, Director Eurban: Timber for the Masses
- David Lomax, Waugh Thistleton Architects: Largest CLT Structure in the world
- Reid Costly, P.Eng: Use of Mass Wood in Calgary Schools
- Bob Marshall, P.Eng: Smarter Skins & Systems for Sustainable High-Performance Buildings
- Andre Rioux, VP Sales and Development: Sound Insulation of Wood-Framed Buildings
- Rocky Ridge Recreation Centre: The design team will share their collaborative experiences constructing the largest wood roof structure in North America.
- Dr. Ying-Hei Chui, Professor, Structural Engineering , University of Alberta: TBC
THE CANADIAN WOOD COUNCIL:
- Rob Jonkman, P.Eng: Use of the Wall Thermal Design Calculator
- Adam Robertson, M.A.Sc, P.Eng: Sustainability and the use of wood in Climate Change
- 2016-17 North American Wood Design Awards
For speakers Abstract and Bio Click Here
For Event Schedule Click Here
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made a minimum of five (5) business days prior to the event. A $30 administration fee will apply to all cancellations. Cancellations made less than five (5) business days prior to the event will not be refunded however the registration is transferable to another individual at any time. Please contact Rory Koska for registration cancellations or updates at email@example.com