9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- My objective approach – Healthy Baby/Healthy Mom
- Emotional and mental aspects of labor
- Focusing on the normalcy of birth
- Events of late pregnancy and labour (time sequence)
- Medical options for pain relief in labour
1:00 pm – 4:15 pm
- Discussion re: Pain – natural coping mechanisms
- Labor: coping, comfort and breathing skills
- Supporting a woman in labor
- Strategies to survive the postpartum period
- Dunstan Baby Language (as seen on Oprah)
- Breastfeeding – getting off to a great start
- Newborn Care
WHAT TO BRING
Please bring a notebook, snacks, refreshments and pillows and / or a yoga mat to lounge with. It is recommended that you dress comfortably for the day. Please bring a doll / stuffed animal, a diaper and a receiving blanket (this is for our postpartum segment).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking is available in the underground on P1 – stalls 112 – 175 – weekend parking rate is $7 for the day. If these stalls are full the other option for parking is at 900 Burrard Street – Paramount Place. This lot is approximately 2 blocks from the building. Parking rate ranges from $12.50 (early bird – before 0900) to $15.00 for the day.The building is secure on the weekend so please ensure that you show up between 8:45- 9:00 for security to let you in. If you are late, please call me on my cell phone 778 628 2698.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Your answer goes here