Profoto Canada is very pleased to offer you our latest Air Remote TTL for Sony. During Photokina in 2016, Sony and Profoto announced their strategic partnership in order to enhance each others' product offerings to the market.
Profoto Canada and Sony Canada embarked on a journey to offer the best products for our customers in Canada. In orer to kick start this partnershp, we would like to coordially invite our customers to experience the latest gears from Sony and Profoto along with guest speakers.
Part 1 : Iconic Portrait Lighting by Brian Smith
Sony Canada is proud to introduce you world-famous Brian Smith, a Miami based photographer who is regarded as the luckiest guy on the planet. He won a Pulitzer Prize at 25, he’s told Bill Gates exactly what to do for an entire hour, appeared on The X Factor, exhibited at the Library of Congress, dined with the President, hung with Richard Branson on Necker Island, gotten drunk with George Clooney, shared cupcakes with Anne Hathaway and married the most beautiful woman he ever laid eyes on…
For the past 30 years, Brian Smith’s iconic portraits of famous celebrities, athletes and executives have been used in advertising, by corporations and have graced the covers and pages of hundreds of magazines including Sports Illustrated, ESPN the Magazine, Time, Forbes, New York Times Magazine, Elle and British GQ.
He’s a Sony Artisan of Imagery and his books include: "Art & Soul”, "Secrets of Great Portrait Photography" and "Sony A7 Series: From Snapshots to Great Shots."
Brian Smith will speak about ICONIC PORTRAIT LIGHTING.
Celebrity portrait photographer Brian Smith will break down the lighting he’s used to create iconic portraits of Hollywood’s A-list and Fortune’s 600. He’ll explain not only the ‘how’ – but also the ‘why’ to his simple problem-solving approach to portrait lighting. Learn how to control the quality of light and how the choice between hard light and soft light allows you to control the mood. You’ll learn which lighting modifiers he uses to control and shape light and shadow to sculpt light in the studio and how to overcome harsh daylight by blending strobe with ambient light on location. Learn how to take cues from reality making the most of great light when you find it and how to create it when you don’t. You’ll learn how to work quickly under pressure, on both small and large productions to make everyone you photograph look and feel like a star.
Part 2 : Speed Redefined: Creative ways to capture movement using flash by Miguel Jacob
From Profoto Canada, our local hero and favorite on the fashion scene, Miguel Jacob. No stranger to Profoto, Miguel Jacob will once again show the crowds why he's one of our most popular demonstrators.
Miguel Jacob will be demonstrating the work flow between a Sony Camera/ Air Remote TTL-S with the new D2 and Pro-10 by focusing on freezing action of fast moving objects.
Once in a while, a product comes along that truly opens creative possibilities that were previously out of reach. In this live fashion photo shoot, Miguel will be exploring the creative possibilities of capturing movement in fashion using the world’s fastest flash; the Profoto Pro-10. From using incredibly short flash duration to shooting in rapid bursts, Miguel will share his vast knowledge of lighting and share his techniques used to create arresting images that will separate you from the crowd. If you are interested in taking your work to the next level, this workshop is a definite must-see!
Light snacks and soft drink along with coffees and teas will be provided. Please read below terms and conditions for liability waiver.
There will be chances to win some cool prizes sponsored by Profoto Canada and Sony Canada. Please read instructions below on your chance to win some amazing prizes!
How To Win Prizes
1. Follow Profoto Canada and Sony Canada on Twitter and Instagram.
Twitter: Profoto_Canada, Sony_Canada
Instagram: Profoto_Canada, SonyCanada
2. Sign up and register via Eventbrite and bring your ticket (mobile or paper) to the Welcome desk. You must attend the event to win the prizes.
3. During the photo shoot, tag us on your most creative behind the scene images using the hashtag: #ProfotoxSony
4. The winners will be announced immediately after the event.
Prizes : sponsored by Profoto Canada
5 x Profoto Air Remote TTL-S
Prizes : sponsored by Sony Canada
5 x A7RII shape USB Jump drives
Terms and Conditions
1.By signing up, you are agreeing to enter into the prize draw hosted by Profoto Canada and you are hereby agreeing that you authorize Profoto Canada to send promotional materials, news and newsletters about Profoto products and services. You can withdraw from the email listings at any time by simply sending an email to Cafirstname.lastname@example.org or click unsubscribe button on the emails.
2. The prize draw will occur immediately after the event and the the winners must be present to claim the prizes.
3. There will only be one prize per person and multiple tickets will not be counted.
4. No purchase neccessary to participate on this competition.
5. Prizes will be given to the creative behind scene during the event. you must use the hashtag on either instagram, twitter to win the prizes. The jury consists of employees from Profoto Canada and Sony Canada.
6. Employees from Profoto Canada, Profoto authorized resellers, and Sony Canada cannot participate into this compeition.
7. Light snacks (mini sandiwiches, cheeses and others) will be provided and we cannot guarantee if the food has been cooked in an environment where allergents maybe present, therefore, by signing up for this event, you are waiving your rights and understand the organizer does not held responsible in case of allergic reactions or other complaints or issues. By singing up for this event, you also confirm that you acknolwedge both Profoto Canada and Sony Canada will not be liable in case of any complaint or legal actions undertaken by the attendees. If you disagree of any of terms and condition, you reserve a right to cancel your attendance. If you have any allergies, we advise that you consume the food at your own risk with no liablity towards Profoto and Sony Canada. If you have any concerns, you are welcome to contact us.
8. If an attendee does not agree or approve above terms and conditions, an attendee reserve right to cancel their attendance. If an attendee check in at the event, we will assume that you agree with all above.