Actions and Detail Panel
Project Autism - York Region - Robotics 101 with Stem Minds
Sat, 15 October 2016, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDT
In this workshop students program robots using BEE BOT Floor robots after learning simple instructions on the Kodable platform. Kids will learn the following concepts and then apply the commands on the Bee Bots:
- Sequence and Algorithms
- Conditions – “If this, then that”
- Loops – Repeating section of code to simplify a solution.
- Functions – Portion of code that can be reused multiple times.
- Computational Thinking – Learning to think through processes like a programmer.
- Debugging – Learning to find solutions to tough problems.
During the program children will also be working in pairs and learning to work together to program their robots.
This program is open to children ages 4-7. This is a free program. There is no transfer of care. Parents must remain on site.