Enjoy a 5 course food and wine pairing with special guest Chris Colaneri from Colaneri Estate Winery. The wines come from a family owned and operated winery situated on the St. David`s Bench in Niagara`s wine region.
Their signature wines are made in the appassimento style. The word “appassimento” means withering. Prior to harvest, we thin out our grapes on the vine so that we maintain the quality of the grapes. At the time of harvest, we hand pick our grapes to ensure that only the best are brought in for production. The grapes are brought in for sorting and once again making sure that only the best quality of grapes are being processed. The grapes that are being used for the appassimento are placed on racks and stacked in the greenhouse located behind the winery. Air is circulated in the greenhouse and the water is gently dried in the grapes leaving only the juice and full-bodied portion of the grapes. Once they have reached the perfect drying point, they are brought in for processing. The percentages of the appassimento varies from year to year and with each varietal.
Five Course Menu
- Stellucha Riesling – Honeydew, Prawn & Apple
- Corposo Cabernet Franc/Syrah – Duck, Orange & Brioche
- Palate Cleanser – Carrot with Ginger
- Insieme Cabernet Sauvignon/Syrah/Cabernet Franc/Merlot – Coffee, Venison, vanilla & sweet potato
- Dollcezza d’Oro Vidal Icewine – Mango, Strawberries & Cream
Price $74 plus 15% grat and Taxes