Step Up to the Business of Speaking with ProTrac!
Each Fall, we initiate an emerging speaker program called ProTrac -- an initiative of CAPS Manitoba. This is the perfect program for any speaker interested in exploring the lucrative, yet convoluted, business of professional speaking. The main different between a public speaker and a professional speaker is that the pro's get paid to share their experiences. In this 6-month program participants will learn from experienced mentors, coaches and facilitators through our newly revamped, peer-supported program. Emerging speakers will gain insight into what it takes to be successful in the speaking business. ProTrac commences in the fall, and the ProTrac participants will meet in-person on the second Mondays of every month (except December), beginning on November 14th ending on May 08, 2017 with a celebration event on June 08 2017. To inquire about ProTrac 2017, or to ask questions, or for more details, please contact one of our ProTrac coordinators listed below.
1. Work groups meet regularly. Mutual support provides shared ideas, information, encouragement, connections, and accountability. 2. Administration, monitoring and support keep participants on-track. The program's coordinators are available for support and direction, as needed. The coordinators provide structure and make arrangements for orientation and evening classes of rich learning, and an evening showcase with a closing celebration. 3. Accountability is an important program feature. Participants are expected to keep agreements with their peer group, the program coordinators, and CAPS Manitoba. 4. Adaptable learning - No matter the knowledge or skill level, the sessions are designed to provide maximum insight and flexibility.
The ProTrac participants will meet in-person in the evenings from 6 – 9 pm on a monthly basis. The last session ends in in May and a celebration on the completion of the Program will be held in June. Our first meeting will be November 28th 2016 from 6-9 pm which will provide you will an orientation of the program, you will receive your manuals and set your goals! To inquire about the ProTrac Program for 2016/2017 for more details, please contact one of the ProTrac Coordinators listed below. Program Features
- Participants work through a ProTrac Manual on the topics that correspond with the monthly workshops. There are pre and post exercises that will be reviewed and shared.
- Work groups meet regularly. Mutual support provides shared ideas, information, encouragement, connections, and accountability.
- Administration, monitoring and support keep participants on-track.
- The program’s coordinators are available for support and direction, as needed. The coordinators provide structure and make arrangements for orientation and evening classes of rich learning, and an evening showcase with a closing celebration.
- Accountability is an important program feature. Participants are expected to keep agreements with their peer group, the program coordinators, and CAPS Manitoba.
- Adaptable learning – No matter the knowledge or skill level, the sessions are designed to provide maximum insight and flexibility.
Registered participants meet in-person or virtually each month to discuss the following modules:
Module One - November 14 Pick Your Topic, Niche, Credibility & Expertise
Module Two - January 9th Building Your Foundation Your Market, Business/ Marketing Planning & Analysis and the Speaking Umbrella model
Module Three - February 13th Business and Marketing Action Plans and Time Management
Module Four - March 13th Marketing Strategies and the One Sheet
Module Five - April 10th Selling Yourself–Sales Strategies, Fee Structure and After Sales
Module Six - May 8th Advanced Presentation Skills/ Speaking Panel
Celebration Event - June 08 Speaker Celebration
Bonus Features Access to…
- Monthly CAPS Manitoba meetings and special events at discounted rates
- Access to our Chapter library and resource centre materials
- Coaching from successful professional speakers for networking and guidance, as well as mentoring
- The enjoyment of professional guest speakers each month who readily share their experience and expertise in the world of professional speaking
In summary, ProTrac includes: – Complimentary CAPS Manitoba privilege for one year – 26 hours of in-class training, plus virtual webinars etc. – Interaction with Winnipeg’s top speakers, trainers and facilitators – Peer mentorship with your fellow participants – Opportunity to showcase your speaking talents to the entire CAPS membership – Complimentary coaching sessions to provide 1-on-1 guidance, and much, much more! —————————————-
To ask questions, or for more details, please contact:
Dianne McCoy at 204-885-1586 – email@example.com
NoreenKolesar at 204-837-6849 – firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Canadian Association of Professional Speakers (CAPS) members represent all aspects of the speaking business, from full time, world-reowned power speakers and consultants to part-time people who make up in passion what they lack in fame. Here you will find keynoters, workshop leaders, trainers, facilitators, platform presenters, and anyone else you need to make your event world class.
You can view the profiles of CAPS Manitoba chapter members and learn more about our non-profit organization on our website and blog.
CAPS Manitoba offers an annual Speaker School in March -- it's an educational event that is open to the public. This event is ideally suited for speakers, trainers, facilitators or entrepreneurs who want to develop a powerful connection with their audience.
For more information, please contact:
Noreen Kolesar | Membership Chair 2015 | email@example.com
Dianne McCoy | President 2015 | firstname.lastname@example.org
CAPS Manitoba is a proud member of The Canadian Association of Professional Speakers, learn more at: canadianspeakers.org