Pruning Workshop - Learn How to Prune Your Fruit Trees!
(Focus on Apples & Pears + Information About Other Fruit Trees)
Date: Sunday March 6, 2016
Led by seasoned arborist Richard Hallman, this workshop is the perfect opportunity to learn how to prune and care for your apple and pear trees. Richard is also happy to discuss pruning other fruit trees if you have specific questions. Held in the garden of one our very own tree owners (complete with apple, pear, plum and cherry trees!), you will learn:
- To read the condition of your trees
- To estimate the amount of fruit produced in past years and potential yield this year
- How apple and pear trees grow and how they react to pruning and training
- A step by step process that you can follow when pruning your own trees, a great way to overcome the fear of pruning.
- Techniques and tricks you can use to improve the amount and quality of the fruit they produce in years to come.
Instructor: Richard Hallman is a passionate horticulturist who has been teaching and advising gardeners and farmers across British Columbia for more than 35 years. He is a Horticultural Advisor to the Vancouver Tree Fruit Project, Historic Fort Langley, Historic Stewart Orchard and several other organizations in the Vancouver-Fraser Valley area. He is a Registered Professional Horticulturist, a Certified Arborist and a Master Gardener.
Price: $19.00 (plus eventbrite fee).
All proceeds from the workshop go to the Vancouver Fruit Tree Project's fundraising efforts.
Location: Backyard address & entry instructions will be sent to all ticket buyers.
Important Info: Parking available on city streets. Please dress for the weather as the course takes place outside in the backyard of one of the VFTP's Tree Owners.