QUICKBOOKS ONLINE 101
By the end of this 3 hour session, you will have your business accounting off to a good start!!
All participants must bring their electronic device to work along during the training session. Acceptable devices include laptops, tablets, I-pads, smart phone (you will have limited exposure to certain features on your phone). The devices must have access to internet during the session – provided at BACD’s location.
It is advisable to sign up for your free trial prior to attending the session by visiting http://quickbooks.intuit.ca/.
Here is what we will cover:
- Company preferences set up and user control set up
- Chart of accounts set up
- Accounts Payable (Enter Bills and Pay Bills)
- Accounts Receivable (Create Item lists, Invoice, Receive payments, Create Sales Receipts, Refunds and Credit Notes, Create Statements)
- Bank account setup (Issue Cheques, Record Deposits, Print Cheques, Enter Credit Card Charges, and Bank Reconciliation)
- GST/HST filing (Preparing, Filing and adjusting GST/HST Returns, Recording of Payments/Refunds)
- Running Reports, customizing the content of a report, and exporting a report to Excel for further analysis.
- How to collaborate with your Accountant
- Introduction to QBO App
- Introduction to Payroll, T4, and ROE
About the Presenter:
Afshan Ahmad, CPA, CGA
Afshan is a goal-driven, highly organized, and results oriented accounting professional with over 15 years in the accounting service industry. Afshan has owned and operated Antares Accounting Services which assists individuals and small businesses with their accounting and tax needs. Afshan brings with her experience in taxation, financial reporting, and assurance. In her Accounting practice, she has helped start ups, independent contractors, construction businesses, IT companies, and professional businesses with their accounting and tax needs.
Registration at 9:15am, sessions starts promptly at 9:30am
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, you do not need to bring a ticket with you
What can/can’t I bring to the event?
You need to bring your laptop or other electronic device to work along during the session (it is advisable to bring your charger too).
Other than that, you don’t need to bring anything else but your questions and a notebook if needed. Coffee/Tea & Light refreshments will be provided.
For more information, call us at (905) 668-4949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
Business Advisory Centre Durham (BACD)