Actions and Detail Panel
Raw Finery Studio: Steampunk Sewing Workshops - Ruffle Cuff
Sat, 5 November 2016, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
Ruffle: Strip of fabric, lace or ribbon tightly gathered or pleated on one edge and applied to a garment, bedding, or other textile as a form of trimming.
Cuff: an extra layer of fabric at the lower edge of the sleeve of a garment (shirt, coat, etc.) covering the arm, at the wrist.
In this workshop we will be making steampunk inspire non-historical Ruffle Cuff. Bring your own materials along with your design ideas, and we'll help you turn your idea into a creation. Please message us your design ahead of the first class for design feasibility, and list of additional supplies needed to make your creation.
Class 1: styling, pleating, cutting, sewing, and adding finishing touches
- discuss the various styles of ruffle cuff finishing from traditional to modern inspired
- demonstrate a range of pleating methods
- working with each students to refine with their design
- working with each students to add/sew finishing touches to their design
This workshop is 3 hrs.
Nov 5 2-5pm
Course fee is $50 + HST + Ticket Fee (materials not included)
Minimum Class Size: 5
* Our studio is setup with a suite of JUKI industrial sewing machines. Basic operation, and safety training will be included in the class
** Limited drafting and sewing supplies are available at the studio, it is highly recommended to bring your own.
*** Students must have basic to intermediate sewing experience to take this class. Pattern drafting or draping experience is a plus.
**** No refund for cancellation within 1 week of class commencement.