Actions and Detail Panel
Ready For Import
Fri, 25 November 2016, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM EST
Ready For Import
This session will help you to understand the logistic movements in different modes of importation and will explain the Step-by-Step importing procedure:
• How to ensure proper Classification of imported goods and understand the need to apply for a ruling in advance
• How to determine Origin and Valuation
• How to find out duties and taxes applicable on imported goods and understand Free Trade Agreements
• When to apply “Duty Deferral Programs”
• How to apply Corrections and Adjustments
• What you need to prepare before Importing
• Useful online resources and links
Presented by: Amelia Ng
Amelia Ng is a retired Canada Border Services Agency officer whose career includes 14 years as a Senior Trade Client & Services Officer and 20 years specializing in import auditing of commercial commodities and trade with Revenue Canada Customs & Excise. In 2011 Amelia received The Best Ontario Regional Community Service Award from Canada Border Services Agency for her outstanding service to the community. During her tenure with Canada Border Services Agency, Amelia interfaced with 90 government agencies across 3 government levels to host hundreds of public workshops on importing/exporting customs and regulations. Aside from her 34 years of government service, Amelia actively hosts community-wide importing/exporting workshops, business workshops and new immigrant workshops. Her tremendous experience allows her a great understanding of business operations, business integration with other industries, and government programs supporting businesses.
View a full list of the York Region Import/Export Seminar Series: yorkimportexport.eventbrite.ca.