About the Workshop Series
In this workshop series, we introduce computational reproducibility and its importance to modern research. We will teach the general principles for reproducible computer-based analyses, along with specific methods and tools for reproducibility with R. We will also introduce version control which is an essential tool in a team environment.
You will learn:
- how to construct reproducible, automatable computer workflows for data analysis,
- to make document production a part of your reproducible workflow,
- how to create documents using the knitr package that include their underlying computations and produce outputs of different types, such as reports, presentation slides, handouts, and notes,
- to use the Git version system in both personal and group projects, give you tips to get the most out of Git, and
- introduce you to Github – an online platform that provides a rich set of additional features.
Workshop 1: Monday, March 20th, 12:00 pm - 2:00pm
Workshop 2: Wednesday, March 22nd, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Workshop 3: Friday, March 24th, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
You can register to the workshop series ($36 plus fees). The fee includes 3 sessions, and 6 hours of instruction. Free for ECOSCOPE trainees (to rsvp contact email@example.com). No refunds.
Set up (TBA)
Notes & Exercises (TBA)
Contact the Instructor
Carolyn Taylor – firstname.lastname@example.org
For more events, take a look at our event calendar