San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Emerging Talent and Trends in
Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math
SFU Surrey, Room 3310 - 5:00 PM - 6:15 PM
* Doors open at 4:45 PM | Panel begins at 5:00 PM sharp *
noun. associated with the idea that improvements in the general economy will benefit all particpants in that economy
The rise of STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) is undeniable, but the growth in opportunities have also seen new challenges surface. Come hear some of SFU's star entrepreneurs discuss issues they've faced first-hand and what they see as emerging trends (good and bad) in industry.
Panelists include Venture Connection clients and alumni:
- Kody Baker, P.Eng., MBA - Founder of Velometro, as featured in CBC
MoT MBA from SFU
- Ben Britton - CEO of Ionomr, top 10 finalist of New Ventures BC 2016
PhD Chemistry, Graduate Certificate in Science and Technology Commercialization at SFU
- Matias Marquez - Founder and COO of Buyatab, also EY's Entrepreneur of the Year - Marketing Technology
BBA from SFU's Beedie School of Business
- Maryam Sadeghi - Founder and CEO of MetaOptima Technologies, maker of the MoleScope as seen at London Drugs franchises nationwide
PhD Computing Science from SFU
The panel will be moderated by Michael Cheng (SIAT alumni) - serial entrepreneur and founder of Sniply.
This event is also part of the official launch of the inaugural year of the STEM Spotlight Awards. Following the panel, representatives from Babcock International and the UK STEM Awards will introduce this new program and announce the sponsored category questions for the 2016 competition.
More information to follow!
This event is presented by Venture Connection's Discovery Foundation Mentoring & Catalyst program, in partnership with the STEM Spotlight Awards, and with special support from SFU's Beedie School of Business, SFU Faculty of Applied Sciences and SFU Faculty of Science.