Risky Play, Outdoor and Unstructured Play Workshop OTTAWA-RENFREW
Tuesday, 8 November 2016 at 9:00 AM - Wednesday, 9 November 2016 at 4:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This workshop includes knowledge-sharing, evidence and research that supports the value of risky play and unstructured play in education, recreation, parks, community centres, after-school programs and spaces.
Who should attend?
Multi sector stakeholders committed to healthy child development and environments that support outdoor play and risky play. Sectors include: education, recreation, health and well-being, mental health, social services, research, youth, planning, municipal
- increased knowledge of evidence based practice and research to support outdoor play
- improved understanding of language related to risky play - liability, hazards, risk and duty of care
- skill development to implement risk benefit analysis and risk assessment systems
- increased knowledge and evidence base to shift towards an outdoor, risky, unstructured and nature play-based culture
- identify emerging and innovative approaches to system change
- increased knowledge and navigation of multi sector policies
- explore collaborative knowledge building principles and methods
- build a connected network of partners and evidence-based resources
**Space is limited! Register by October 31, 2016**
COST - $255.00 plus HST and service fee • Healthy, local lunch and refreshments are included
When & Where
KidActive - Healthy Children, Communities & Environment
KidActive provides programs and resources to children, youth, educators, multi-sector community leaders, parents and service providers. Our evidence-based knowledge translation and training are focused on increasing the quantity and quality of active outdoor play, learning outside and active transportation.