Our very own Mike Chomitsch (Edmonton’s only certified GMB Trainer) will teach you all the necessary tools for getting your first handstand, and working towards great handstands! It’s time to stop falling on your head and/or kicking holes in your drywall, hoping to magically “get it” one day. This workshop will cover the following topics:
- How to find the “zero point” for any hand balancing skill
- Wrist strength and mobility for continued success with hand balancing
- Simple programming
- “The Big Three” hand balancing skills
- Safety and bailing out of handstands
What are “The Big Three” skills?
- Crow Pose
- Single Arm Lever
What is “The Zero Point?”
- The point where the body “hovers” with little to no effort in correction
- The zero point will occur at any stage and in all progressions
- The zero point must be reach comfortably before the next progression is introduced
Handstands and hand balancing are often rushed, and can result in significant injury. This workshop gives you the tools to learn safely, and properly to ensure your success, regardless of how handstands or balancing fits into your life!
Price: $99 (plus gst)
Date: October 29
Duration: 3 hours
Max Enrollment: 10 people
Location: Ritual Conditioning
What to bring: comfortable active wear, water bottle, note pad, pencil
Lunch will not be provided, so please have a small meal prior to the workshop. Registration will be non-refundable after October 26th.