San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
2014 marks the 7th Annual Royal City Farmers Market Summer Kickoff Fundraiser Party and we want you to celebrate with us!
This event is a critical part of ensuring our market continues to flourish in New Westminster. Proceeds from this event help us do food-positive actions such as offering a bursary to New Westminster Senior Secondary grads entering food-based fields, as well as bringing lively entertainment and children's activities to the market every week to encourage a sense of community at the market.
This year, we are very excited to announce the fundraiser takes place at the recently opened and much-lauded Hub Restaurant at Shops at New West Station. Executive Chef Michael Knowlson is creating a special "off the menu" tableau of canapes to delight your taste buds for the entire evening. Chef Knowlson has served as Executive Chef at Bacchus Restaurant in the Wedgewood Hotel and at Sequoia Grill at the Teahouse in Stanley Park. Prior to moving to Vancouver, he served as Executive Chef of cutting-edge London restaurants First Floor and 192, along with the private Groucho Club, where he cooked for such notables as Bill Clinton, Tom Cruise, Julia Roberts and Al Pacino.
The canape menu will consist of ingredients donated by our delicious vendors: Wild West Coast Seafoods, Outwest Ranch, Golden Ears Cheesecrafters, and Rockweld Farms. For one night only you'll experience the true taste of our farmers market in the hands of this master chef!
Join us for an evening of mingling with fellow foodie enthusiasts, interactive entertainment, local food at it's finest, and of course local libations! A silent auction will be available to tempt you with fine #madeinnewwest wares, and to kick it up a knotch we'll also be having a live auction hosted by Citizen of the Year Patrick Johnstone.
This is one event in our Royal City that you definitely don't want to miss. Tickets will sell out so buy now and bring your friends. RCFM needs your support to continue to do food-positive actions, PLUS we know it will be a fun party - it's win-win for everyone!
FINE PRINT (because we have to):
- Ticket price includes one craft draft beer or house wine and endless canapes, as well as dazzling conversation with awesome people, interactive entertainment, and your chance to win stuff just for showing up!
- Additional beverages and the full Hub Restaurant menu are also available for you to purchase. Wednesdays are 1/2 price wine night!
- Bring cash for our 50/50 - previous winners have walked away with over $200 with only a single ticket purchased.
- Payment processing options are available for the silent auction, but we also accept cash and cheques from locals.
- Royal City Farmers Market encourages you to use transit and get home safely after the party, however two hours free parking is provided courtesy of the Hub Restaurant for our guests who opt to drive. You'll need to purchase your parking ticket and then get reimbursed.
- Paper tickets not required - save trees! We'll check you in at the door.
- While we can appreciate that sometimes things come up, and we'll help you pass your tickets on if you can't make it, we are unable to offer a refund for tickets purchased.
Can't make it? Bummer. Please consider sharing this with your network or consider donating to the silent auction. For info about donating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Royal City Farmers Market: Real Food. Real Fun.
When & Where
New West Farmers Market
We are a non-profit association dedicated to making a Farmers Market in New Westminster a success.
Our mission focuses on environmentally sustainable food production by bringing locally grown and produced food to the community thereby contributing local economic development, healthy eating and food security while connecting with our heritage of having a vibrant city market.
Our market features farm-fresh produce, plants, quality crafts from local artists and artisans, gourmet prepared foods, community information, live entertainment, and more.