Actions and Detail Panel
SAFe® Agile Product Manager/Owner With PMPO® Certification
Thu, 27 Apr 2017, 9:00 AM – Fri, 28 Apr 2017, 5:00 PM EDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Associated Certification: SAFe Product Manager/Product Owner (PMPO)
SAFe Product Managers and SAFe Product Owners are key members of the agile team and agile enterprise. The Product Manager / Product Owner (PM/PO) course will help experienced and aspiring product managers and product owners to expand their horizons as they learn how to apply the principles of agile, lean, and SAFe® to their day to day product work. Excelerus offers training on the principles of SAFe®, Lean thinking tools, agile development practices at scale and an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework.
You will learn how the roles of Product Manager, Product Owner, Solution Manager and Epic Owner drive the delivery of value in the SAFe enterprise. You will also learn how to manage the enterprise backlog, delivering features, agile requirements, the events within SAFe, and finally, stakeholder management.
You will gain an in-depth understanding of the tools and knowledge needed to write Epics, Features and User Stories within the Scaled Agile Framework, and have a solid foundation on how to manage programs in the Lean-Agile Enterprise which will in turn effectively ensure maximum ROI and measurable improvements.
Excelerus offers a lifelong training discount to customers. Each customer is entitled to a lifetime training discount of 10% on any courses they take after their first course.
- Provide an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), the Lean-Agile mindset
- Describe how the Product Manager and Product Owner roles operate in the enterprise to drive the delivery of value
- Discuss Enterprise Backlog Management
- Classify Agile Software Requirements
- Review SAFe events and process
- Inspect Stakeholder management
- Enable you to write Epics, Capabilities, Features and User Stories within the context of SAFe
- Develop a solid foundation for managing backlogs and programs in a Lean-Agile enterprise
- SAFe 4.0 PM/PO Introduction
- Embracing the Lean-Agile mindset
- Exploring Product Manger and Product Owner roles
- Contributing to Portfolio content
- Defining and managing solution value
- Being an effective SAFe Product Manager
- Being an effective SAFe Product Owner
- Enterprise Backlog Model
- Engaging stakeholders and stakeholder Management
- Building your Communities of Practice
None. However, Leading SAFe or SAFe SPC training is highly recommended.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives, Product Line Managers and product owners who work in a scaled agile set-up
- Business Owners and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
- Consultants, lean/agile leaders, and agile change agents
SAFe Product Manager / SAFe Product Owner Program Benefits
At the end of the program, you will be able to-
- Connect the Scaled Agile Framework to core Lean-Agile principles and values
- Identify key roles and responsibilities within a SAFe implementation
- Contribute to Portfolio content using epics and the Portfolio kanban
- Apply Value Stream strategies to define and manage solution value
- Engage in Product Manager strategies
- Operate as a SAFe Product Owner
- Develop stakeholder engagement plan
- Build and grow communities of practice
Professional Development Units (PDUs) And Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
What's the refund policy?
Excelerus cancellation policy is designed to be fair and balanced. We will always listen and consider the situation of our customers:
- Cancellations 4 weeks or more prior to event date: Full refund will be issued minus an admin and processing fee of $100. Participants can choose to receive credit for full course fees
- Cancellations 2 to 4 weeks prior to program date: Credit for full course fees will be issued
- Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to program date: Participant forfeits all fees, we allow transfer of registration to another participant at any time
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Yes. We allow transfer of registration up to the start of the event. Please use the Eventbrite system to transfer registration or contact us directly. Please note that transfers within 48 hours of event start may run the risk of missing key emails containing course material and exam links.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
No, it is not ok. If you need to send someone else, please transfer the registration to that person. We need to register our participants with Scaled Agile Inc. for licensing and certification purposes.
If you would like us to invoice you or if you would like to speak to us before you register, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us at +1 (844) 636-8228. You can visit our website for more details: www.excelerus.ca
Would you like to join our affiliate program to refer colleagues and earn a referral fee of $75 per registered participant?
Click this link to enroll.