The Family Matters Peer Support and Recovery Program is offering suicide alertness training for family members/supporters of those experiencing mood disorders at the Mood Disorder’s Association of Ontario
This suicide alertness training is for anyone who is impacted by supporting someone in their life who is struggling with issues related to their mood.
safeTALK training is designed to increase participants’ ability to identify individuals who are experiencing thoughts of suicide and work to get them connected to the appropriate resource.
Through participating in this half-day training you will be able to:
• notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts may be present
• move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
• apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, KeepSafe, and
• how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to community resources for further suicide-safer help
Training process safeTALK features both presentations and interactive elements. Trainers will facilitate participants’ involvement through:
• Trainer presentations
• Diverse selection of audiovisuals
• Interactive discussion and questions
• TALK steps practice
For information regarding the training please contact Becky Curran at email@example.com or 416-486-8046 ext. 240
Learn more at www.livingworks.net/safeTALK
$25.00 includes training materials and light refreshments