Actions and Detail Panel
Safety First in Cape Breton Symposium 2017
Fri, 5 May 2017, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM ADT
The Cape Breton Partnership will be host the fifth Safety First in Cape Breton Symposium in collaboration with the Workers' Compensation Board of Nova Scotia, and the Nova Scotia Department of Labour and Advanced Education, held at Cape Breton University's Verschuren Centre on Friday, May 5, 2017.
This conference will mark the fifth anniversary and the begining of week-long activities in Cape Breton to celebrate North American Occupational Safety and Health Week from May 7-12, 2017. This event is aimed at workplace safety committee professionals, managers, human resource professionals and small business owners.
The goals of the Safety First Symposium are to:
- Create standards in safety education and best practices that position Cape Breton as the safest and most efficient place to work and do business;
- Establish a stronger working relationship with Workers' Compensation Board and provincial health and safety officials;
- Gain insight on current and future training needs and safety planning needs;
- Provide an opportunity for industry leaders to network with Cape Breton organizations to explore future programming and partnerships;
- Present Cape Breton business with the new Occupational Health and Safety Regulations; and
- Present Cape Breton business to safety industry professionals.
Safety First in Cape Breton Symposium
Cape Breton University
Friday, May 5, 2017
8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. - Registration & Trade Show
8:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. - Welcome
8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. - Keynote Presentation
9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. - Nutrition Break & Trade Show
10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. - Breakout Sessions
11:15 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. - Update from Workers’ Compensation Board of Nova Scotia
11:45 p.m. to 12:45 p.m. - Lunch
12:45 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. - Breakout Sessions
2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. - Nutrition Break & Trade Show
2:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. - Emerging Safety Issues Presentation
3:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. - Safety First Awards & Prizes & Wrap Up & Final Remarks
The Safety First in Cape Breton Symposium agenda ca be found here.
Attendees will be asked to pre-register for breakout sessions. The pre-registration may be completed when you register online.
For more information, contact Stephanie MacLean at the Cape Breton Partnership by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902-562-0122.