Actions and Detail Panel
Scaled Agile (SAFe®) Advanced Scrum Master With SASM® Certification
Sat, 29 Apr 2017, 9:00 AM – Sun, 30 Apr 2017, 5:00 PM EDT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Associated Certification: SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
Now that you have mastered the techniques required to be a Scrum Master, let’s take a further step to function at the program level and assume the role of a Release Train Engineer (RTE). Becoming a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master will certify you for the RTE role and will qualify you to function at the program level within a large organization.
This two-day course enables you to gain the skills needed to apply SAFe® and lead high performance agile teams. SASM certification is a key differentiator for individuals looking for leadership roles in a SAFe enterprise environment.
Participants will learn how to facilitate cross team interactions, scale DevOps practices, apply Kanban techniques to optimize the flow of value and understand methods to prevent anti patterns of Scrum and Agile in the enterprise. The course offers actionable tools and techniques for building high performance teams.
The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM).
Excelerus offers a 10% lifelong training discount to returning customers. Also, customers who register for a recommended course within 6 months of completing a SAFe primary course with Excelerus will receive 40% discount off the full course fee.
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement and coaching in multi-team environment
- Enable you to build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Empower you to support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Discuss the application of Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Enable you to facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- SAFe framework, values, and Lean-Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture and DevOps practices
- Promoting teamwork with Kanban and Program Procedures
- Building high-performing teams
- Interplay between UX, architects, the system team members, and software distribution product management, owners and business Owner
- CPO (Communities of Practice) and Continuous Learning
Attendees of the SAFe SASM course are strongly suggested to have one of the following certificates: SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM).
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
At the end of the course, you will be able to-
- Expand your career opportunities by positioning yourself ahead in the market across all industry sectors adopting Agile practices
- Facilitate Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe® implementation
- Implement these principles to assist and train the multiple Scrum teams
- Guide your teams to form a high-performing team to succeed in a scaled agile environment
- Set up the adoption of the Agile architectures
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification
- SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master branding kit with the SASM certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Online course feedback survey
- Eligibility to take the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master exam with certification exam administration and scoring
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) attendance certificate upon request
- The Excelerus advantage: extended support and lifelong discounts
Professional Development Units (PDUs) And Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
What's the refund policy?
Excelerus cancellation policy is designed to be fair and balanced. We will always listen and consider the situation of our customers:
- Cancellations 4 weeks or more prior to event date: Full refund will be issued minus an admin and processing fee of $100. Participants can choose to receive credit for full course fees
- Cancellations 2 to 4 weeks prior to program date: Credit for full course fees will be issued
- Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to program date: Participant forfeits all fees, we allow transfer of registration to another participant at any time
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Yes. We allow transfer of registration up to the start of the event. Please use the Eventbrite system to transfer registration or contact us directly. Please note that transfers within 48 hours of event start may run the risk of missing key emails containing course material and exam links.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
No, it is not ok. If you need to send someone else, please transfer the registration to that person. We need to register our participants with Scaled Agile Inc. for licensing and certification purposes.
If you would like us to invoice you or if you would like to speak to us before you register, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us at +1 (844) 636-8228. You can visit our website for more details: www.excelerus.ca
Would you like to join our affiliate program to refer colleagues and earn a referral fee of $75 per registered participant?
Click this link to enroll.