The Seniors Mentoring Entrepreneurs (SME) program enables clients (mentees) to get professional guidance from mentors on starting their own businesses in Canada. Skills for Change’s Seniors Mentoring Entrepreneurs (SME) will engage seniors as mentors in fields including small business, retail, B2B and provide specialized support in areas such as e-Business and small scale manufacturing. Mentors will act in an advisory capacity to guide entrepreneurs to empower their business proposals and help their business venture come to fruition.
Seniors Mentoring Entrepreneurs aims to increase the success rate of start-up entrepreneurs by providing them the knowledge and expertise they need to make good business decisions on their own. Novice entrepreneurs are matched with experienced business people who can provide support, guidance and encouragement.
Skills for Change is presently looking for interested individuals (18+) to be connected with experienced mentors. Please register to guarantee your spot. Orientation starts immediately.
- Mentees who have business plan or idea are first screened by the mentoring staff to determine eligibility.
- Mentees are matched with a mentor(s) who will provide guidance on their business venture.
- Mentors will act in an advisory capacity to guide entrepreneurs to empower their business proposals and help their business venture come to fruition.
- Matches are based on the mentor expertise and the needs of the mentee.
- The time commitment is two meetings per month. Virtual meetings can also be arranged.
- Separate orientation for both mentor and mentee are conducted prior to the first mentoring connection.
- This is a 2 and a half to 4 months commitment.
For more information, please contact:
Allison Thomas, Community Development Associate
Phone: 416-658-3101 ext. 213