There are so many ways to be nicer to your heart especially while you cook for your loved ones. This class focuses on the DASH Diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) and how it helps to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol to help keep your heart healthy. We will get our hands dirty with mainly local ingredients and understand the concepts of good fats vs. bad, good cholesterol vs. bad. and many other things that can be added to make you a healthier chef in the kitchen while keeping everything tasting great!
* Spaghetti squash salad with dried figs and burdock with a toasted shallot vinaigrette
* crispy potato wrapped cod with roasted sunchokes (Jerusalem artichokes) and creamy tomato-carrot puree
* Chocolate truffles (sugar free and high in fiber and you would never even know!)
What is included: All the ingredients and water will be served.
Who should sign up?
- People with heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and tryglcerides
- Caretaker for those with heart issues
- People who care about the fats, cholesterol and fibre in our food
- People who are conscious about their health and wellness
- Health Professionals
- People who love to COOK and EAT!