Learn How to Make a Smudging Fan from a professional Smudge Fan Artist
Smudge fans are used to waft the smoke from burning herbs during energy clearing of a space, object, or person. In this class, you will learn how to make a smudging fan for your own use.
Smudge fan making materials are available, including cruelty-free, naturally molted parrot feathers, natural branches, leather, suede cords and other decorations. Feathers are ordered from a U.S. company to provide the most variety of feathers - particularly feathers not available in local stores to allow you to create your own unique fan.
Throughout the workshop, Mari will be connecting with your Spirit Guides for guidance and suggestions in creating your own smudge fans.
Mari has been making smudging fans professionally for many years, selling them in spiritual shops throughout Vancouver. (Banyen Books & Sound, The Oracle, Reflections Books, Mountain Gems). All of her smudging fans have been inspired by her Spirit Guides.
For inspiration, see The Secret Woods. She also sells her smudge fans on Etsy, where clients from all over the world purchase her smudge fans.
- This class is rarely offered, because it is hard to get cruelty-free, naturally molted feathers.
- This class is kept small so Mari can provide one-on-one assistance as needed. So please register early to reserve your spot.
- Students are welcome to bring in their own feathers and other materials.
The Smudge Fan Making Workshop was absolutely wonderful! Mari’s teaching was inspiring and the workshop was SO fantastic – I’m overjoyed I got to make a beautiful fan with such extraordinarily beautiful feathers. Mari was generous with her knowledge and materials and I felt like my creativity was truly ignited again after a bit of a dry spell. I really hope Mari offers another fan making workshop – I would sign up for sure!
– S.G., Vancouver
The Smudge Fan Making Workshop was very well put together and fun, relaxing, and had a beautiful vibe. I would certainly recommend this for anyone from an experienced intuitive or crafter to the very new beginner.
-K.W., North Vancouver
The Smudge Fan Making Workshop was a calming, grounding experience in an incredibly safe space. Mari is warm and welcoming and encouraging of all levels of creativity and experience. The meditation at the beginning of the workshop allows you to set intention and tune into the space and energies of the others in the room. Totally recommend this intimate, lovely workshop.
The Smudge Fan Making Workshop was an extremely welcoming and warm environment. Mari is so kind, patient and the most excellent teacher. I am new to my journey towards natural healing and I feel beyond appreciative that Mari was my teacher. Feeling her energy and channeling my own helped me create a beautiful smudge fan that I will forever cherish.
Who should attend this workshop?
People who are new or experienced in their own spirituality have attended this workshop. I also have had working Intuitives and Healers attend my workshops. This class accommodates those who are crafty, and those who need an extra hand in creating their own feathered fans. This is why I keep the class to 4 students, so I can give assistance as needed.
What does the fee cover?
The fee covers for cost, time, and other resources:
- Cruelty-free, naturally molted feathers I order from the U.S. These feathers come from a bird rescue sanctuary and are the most expensive feathers in the workshop.
- Each time I order feathers from a U.S. company, the total is generally $175 CDN. Plus $30 or more for duty. I want to ensure the students have access to a variety of feathers not sold here in art/craft stores to create their own, truly unique, spiritual and sacred tool.
- Disinfectants and other cleaning materials used to ensure that the feathers are cleaned properly before bringing them into the workshop.
- I take all feathers through a smudging ceremony and give them Reiki to release any negativity associated with them. I find it important to do this, so that the feathers are energetically clean before becoming part of a spiritual tool. This is my way of giving gratitude to the birds, and sending them healing.
- Travel time to find natural branches and cleaning them (sometimes sawing the branches and sanding them down).
- Materials needed to make the smudge fans such as wires, glue gun sticks, leather, etc.
- The cost of the space to host the workshop.
What can I bring to the event?
Feel free to bring your own feathers, gemstones, wires, or other materials to the class.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any other questions, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Your registeration/ticket is not transferrable to another person or workshop.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You do not need to bring a printed ticket.
What is the refund policy?
Once you have registered and paid, there is no refund.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
The registered name must match the attendee. If you are treating someone to the workshop, please register their name.