Come learn the basic skills of brush calligraphy, while making a difference! This workshop is perfect for beginners, or anyone who always wanted to learn brush lettering, or anyone who likes to get creative for a good cause (i.e. fight against sexual exploitation in Vancouver and globally.)
In a hyper-digitized super-speedy world, calligraphy and handlettering bring back a touch of personal and relaxation/reflection into your life and relationships.
Don’t let the gravitational pull of busyness, responsibilities, and activities squeeze out the important-but-not-urgent-things like creativity, relationships, and generosity. Come for an afternoon of relaxed fun, inspiration, and connection.
Never buy another card when you could make your own for a fraction of the price (and the cards you make become a gift in itself to your loved ones). Get ready and stocked with your own handmade cards for the upcoming season of birthdays/mother's-father's day/grads/anniversaries.
Meet some new people, or invite a friend for a creative date (makes a great gift!). Collaborate and contribute to something greater than yourself…with 15% of proceeds will be donated to a local charity serving marginalized neighbors. You’ll also be given opportunity to create cards to be given to encourage someone in need, like those served by our charities).
What we will cover:
- Pressures of the brush pen
- Warm-up drills
- Basic strokes
- How to connect letters
- Basic composition and layout
- Instruction and interaction (class size limited to provide personal feedback)
- Basic brush pen set
- Access to speed date a ton of pens from the community tool box (so you don't have to waste money on pens you don't like in building your own collection!)
- 25 page Lettering Workbook with basic strokes for lowercase brush script
- Sample greeting card designs
- Blank cards + envelopes sets for you to design
- Cardstock to make cards for needy women served by our partner charities
What to bring:
- Your smile and creative spirit
INVEST: $54.99/person early bird, $59.99 regular rate. (15% of proceeds will go to http://www.safoundation.com, a charity with a proven long term success in freeing women from a life of sexual exploitation in Vancouver and globally.)
- For alumni who have been to any of our previous paid workshops, save $10, use code REPEAT
- Bring a friend with you, save $5 each, use code FRIEND
SIGN UP BY Saturday, April 23, 11:59pm for Early Bird rate, or by Thursday, May 4 for regular rate.
Refunds are not available, however you may pass on your seat to a friend, or reserve a seat in a future workshop.
I still have questions.
For more FAQs including what to expect, what to bring, levels of experience, etc. visit http://www.socialcalligraphy.com You can also email justine @ itjustflows.ca with direct questions. Hope to meet you soon!