San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SOLD OUT - Secure your spot for the next one here
Finding and writing grants can be a fulfilling and rewarding process. But new and emerging grant writers often find themselves wondering:
- What and how much to include in grant applications,
- Where to find grants and how much to ask for, or
- Which items should be included in a budget?
Join Lisa Mort-Putland for an introduction to grant writing. In this workshop, Lisa will guide you through the steps of preparing to write grants, review different types of grant applications, and provide tips and tools to help you find and choose grants, write effectively, and report back to funders.
There are 2 parts to this workshop. Beginner Grant-Writing from 10:30am-noon, wouldprovide you with resource ideas, and first steps of grant-writing. The 12:45pm-2:15pm session will be focoused on the art of crafting a winning Grant application.
Participants will walk away with:
- A greater understanding of grant options and trends in granting
- Ideas to streamline grant writing and improve success
- Examples of successful grant applications
- Checklists for preparing and submitting grants, and reporting back to funders
- Exposure to local experts who regularly review grants
About the Facilitator:
Lisa Mort-Putland is the Executive Director of Volunteer Victoria. Lisa holds a B.A. in Drama and a Masters in Public Administration with a focus on non-profit management. Prior to working with VV Lisa was the Development Manager for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Victoria and spent more than 25 years working and volunteering in the museum and heritage sector. Lisa served on the 2011 Cabinet of the United Way of Greater Victoria and currently sits as Board Chair for Point Ellice House Preservation Society.