In preparation for our third curriculum implementation day on Friday November 4th, here are the learning intentions:
Learning Intentions for Curriculum Implementation Day
- Teachers will KNOW how the curriculum has been designed to reflect what research has shown about how students learn.
- Teachers will better UNDERSTAND the importance of using a big idea, and the value of including student self- assessment to build a plan that all of your students can fit into.
- Teachers will DO the work together and will use the day to co-create a unit of study.
- K-3 teachers @ Whistler Secondary School
- 4-7 teachers @ Pemberton Secondary School
- 8-12 teachers @ Don Ross Secondary School
** PLEASE NOTE ** For teachers who fit into multiple categories, please choose a single location that will best suit your needs. All itinerant teachers, support staff, and administrators, please join the team that is the best fit for your needs.
All participants should organize a learning team prior to this date and be prepared to work collaboratively with them for the bulk of your day. As collaboration is a key component of the day, it may be helpful to read and discuss the linked document in order to help us all to make the best use of our time together.
Please copy and paste the following link:
- A hard copy of one of the planning documents available on the SSTA Curriculum Implementation Page: http://bctf.ca/ssta/Assets/Assets_PD/SSTA_CLDay1_Jan2016/SSTA_CL-Day1-2016.html
- At least one laptop per team
- BYOM (Bring your own mug)
Busses will be provided for travel between communities. As such individuals will be unable to claim mileage for this day.
All teachers must attend this curriculum implementation day, however at this point part time teachers not scheduled for work on this day will not be paid and are therefore not obligated to attend, although all are welcome.
For more info, please visit our SSTA Curriculum Implementation Page. Copy and paste the following link:
Looking forward to another powerful day learning together as a team of Sea-to-Sky Educators.