The following speakers have been confirmed:
Made In Calgary
Michelle Bullas- Corporate & Tax Lawyer
Travis Thompson- Chartered Accountant
Avi Butalia- Blackwater Creative
Small business has always been the lifeblood of this city. Whether it's energy prices or layoffs that are on the rise, Calgary maintains it's strength by the grind that our small business owners possess. It's this innate Albertan nature that will get us as a city to a time of prosperity once again.
November 10th is an evening for entrepreneurs to learn from some of the top Legal, Tax and Marketing minds in Calgary. Up Financial is a full service financial consulting firm that works with hundreds of business owners to manage and protect their bottom lines. The evening’s event will answer many questions that are top of mind for business owners in Calgary.
- What is the right business structure for your business?
- Who needs a holding company?
- What is a trust and how would you use it with a holding company?
- What are shareholder / buy-sell agreements and why does every business need one?
- How have corporate and personal tax rates in Alberta changed over the past year?
- What can business owners write off and what are some common mistakes owners make?
- Why are brands so important and how are they built?
- What are creative ways to market your business in 2016?
- What kind of return can you expect from social media?
Tickets include 1 complimentary drink upon arrival, and all proceeds will be donated to one of our favourite organizations, Inn From the Cold. Inn From the Cold's mission is to provide shelter, sanctuary and healing to assist homeless children and their families achieve independence. For more information, please visit http://innfromthecold.org
Please dress business casual
We look forward to seeing you there!