Educators attending Supporting Struggling Readers Grades 2 - 6 will learn to assess for strengths and weaknesses of their students within the 5 Pillars of Reading. Each day will include one hour of assessment and tutoring with students.
- Phonemic Awareness
- Reading Comprehension
The five day workshop will explore:
- Assessment using the Diagnostic Reading Tool
- Making instruction explicit
- Providing systematic carefully sequenced instruction
- Increased opportunities for multi-sensory practice
- Application of skills and strategies in meaningful text.
Workshop dates are Monday, August 7 thru Friday, August 11, 2017.
The workshop will run 8:30am - 3pm everyday.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Please bring a packed lunch or there are fast food outlets nearby.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact Joanne Heckbert at email@example.com or call 780-998-3897.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Please contact Joanne Heckbert to discuss registration options as tickets are non-refundable.