San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
It is an evening when we offer the stage to 8 people who speak for 10 minutes each. The 8 offer inspiring personal stories about our individual and collective potential to make positive social change and instill a sense of community and belonging. Speakers will make us laugh, cry, think and most importantly, make us feel. Our vision is that the audience will leave feeling more connected with our community and inspired to make great things happen throughout Waterloo Region.
Some 2016 Stories to Be Shared:
- Jamie … a young, inspiring educator, born with Cerebral Palsy who counts her blessings
- D. ……… sharing her personal journey to recognition and acceptance to having a transgender identity
- Pat …… a cancer survivor and creator of ‘circles of hope’, an artistic creation built by many loving hands
- Richard... an entrepreneur developing landmine technology so death isn’t simply one step away
- Justin …founder of Homeless in Waterloo, sharing stories behind the faces which society passes by every day
- Rosemary … a remarkable turnaround story that started with drugs, crime and conviction, and ends with motivation, determination and personal success
- Mike…. a true survivor, who shares his journey from near death to miraculous recovery,
- Zain … who fled Uganda, immigrated to Canada and has tirelessly reached out to Syrian refugees in order to personally welcome them to their new home.
Save This Event
When & Where
Social Venture Partners Waterloo Region
Social Venture Partners goes beyond philanthropy. We're a global network of local individuals who donate their talents, time and money to amplify the impact they have on each charity in which we invest. We connect and engage individuals, helping them make greater impact in our community, and we fund and strengthen nonprofits, helping them take their vital work for families, children and youth to the next level.
SVP's current and alumni investees include: Strong Start, Kinbridge Community Association, Hospice of Waterloo Region, SHORE and Child Witness Centre.