Get a practical case-study approach to both the legal and tax planning aspects of saving taxes in a dental practice. Learn the most effective strategies which every dentist should know!
Our speakers are recognized for their work in advising dentists on how to minimize the taxes paid in a dental practice. From them, you will learn how to implement proper structures to avoid legal pitfalls and costly traps. Our experts will take you through a case study to demonstrate effective strategies and will compare the after-tax proceeds depending on the approach taken.
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Describe how to reduce taxes paid by legally restructuring your practice.
- Describe how to minimize taxable income by identifying and timing expenses and revenue.
- Identify tax-saving strategies to minimize the amount of taxes paid as a practice owner.
- Identify the key legal considerations when implementing tax-saving strategies.
- Gain practical knowledge of legal matters to make informed decisions about such strategies.
- Describe how to avoid legal pitfalls and costly traps.
David Rosenthal, Business, Corporate and Healthcare Lawyer
David Chong Yen, Chartered Accountant and Tax Specialist
Registration and continental breakfast: 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Seminar Duration: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Note: Continental breakfast, lunch and breaks are included
This workshop qualifies for 6 CE points, Category 3
- ODA-member dentist fee: $165 (including HST),
- Spouse (of an attending ODA member dentist): $165 (including HST)
Note: Registration is online only
Questions: Contact Richard Pita, Program Coordinator - Member Education, at email@example.com
Cancellations received in writing up to 7 business days (by November 9th) prior to the event will be given a full refund. No refund or credit will be issued for cancellations received less than 6 business days (effective October 9th) prior to the event. The ODA reserves the right to cancel seminars as the result of unforeseen circumstances or insufficient advance registration. In the event of such a cancellation, we will provide a full refund but, regrettably, cannot accept responsibility for out-of-pocket costs incurred due to the cancellation.
Support for the ODA Practice Management Seminar Series is provided by Scotiabank