Actions and Detail Panel
The Aging Workforce... making it work!
Thu, 18 May 2017, 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
The Canadian workforce is steadily aging. According to Statistics Canada (2015) 20% of Canada’s workforce (3.6 million) is 55 years and over. It is estimated that “older workers” will make up more than 80% of the workforce by 2018!
Join us for an engaging workshop as we explore the issues around the “maturing” of our current workforce; something that will have an effect on every workplace - in every sector.
At the Aging Workforce... making it work! workshop you will hear from speakers from Public Services Health and Safety Association, Human Resource Professionals from AON Hewitt and Age Friendly London. These experts will help you assess the demographic risk in your organization and help you develop strategies to respond effectively to this impending significant challenge.
Workshop attendees will learn:
- about the physical, mental and cognitive changes employees experience as they age
- how the aging workforce will impact your business; dispelling the myths and highlighting the benefits
- the importance of looking ahead to determine what your workforce needs will be in the future as your employees age
- why your workplace should develop strategies to retain older workers and what strategies will actually work
- how the numbers ready to retire may produce a Capacity Risk for businesses
- …and much more
Your registration fee will include:
- An opportunity to hear dynamic, expert speakers
- An opportunity to explore issues related to a “maturing” workplace
- Snacks and a healthy lunch
- Great resources and connections that will support your health and wellness efforts in your workplace
- The opportunity to learn from experts and network with your colleagues from other workplaces
Who should attend this workshop?
- Business leaders
- Wellness Committee Representatives
- Human Resource Professionals
- Anyone in your organization who is responsible for strategic planning
*Registration begins at 8:30am.