Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
*** This event is SOLD OUT **
Thank you for interest in attending. Due to the high demand, tickets are no longer available.
On the occasion of the 175th Anniversary of Queen's University, the Ban Righ Foundation will celebrate the achievements of women at the university and in the community through the initiation of two new awards for mentoring and leadership.
* * * * * * * *
Join Shelagh Rogers, Artsci ‘77 (CBC radio host and producer and Chancellor of University of Victoria), as she moderates a lively panel discussion about what moves, motivates and inspires women to achieve.
Panelists: Jane Errington, Ph.D (Professor, Department of History, Royal Military College), Carol Ann Budd, Sc'89, Engineering Chemistry (Financial Consultant, Investors Group), Reena Kukreja, (Film Maker & Instructor, Queen's University), Sarah Harmer, Artsci'93 (Singer-Songwriter and Activist)
* * * * * * * *
Enjoy music from Georgette Fry’s Shout Sister choir and singer Chantal Thompson. Hear from poet Elizabeth Greene, and current PhD student and mother of two Sarah Kastner.
The evening promises to be thought provoking, motivating and fun!
What are my parking/transportation options getting to the event?
- There is limited parking available at the venue. $5 Event "Pay & Display" parking is available in the Isabel lot and the adjacent lower Corrections Canada lot at the bottom of the driveway entrance. There is also "Pay & Display" parking available across the street at Providence Care (St Mary’s of the Lake). The Corrections Canada lot on King Street is not available for Isabel parking (and has been barricaded).
- Please be respectful of the driveways of residents if you are parking on the side streets.
- Accessible parking: A parking drop-off area is located at the front entry. There are 5 accessible visitor parking spaces in the small upper lot across from the entrance.
- Kingston Transit: A bus shelter, known as the “Isabel/Tett Centres” is located at the entrance to the Isabel and is serviced by Express routes 501 and 502 service, as well as Route #3
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- Yes. Either bring a paper copy of your confirmation or show your electronic confirmation from your phone
Will there be food and/or beverages available?
- A cash bar will be available during the intermission. **Please note, food & beverages cannot be brought into the concert hall **
If I am unable to attend the event, can I still make a donation to the Ban Righ Centre?
- Yes. You can make a secure donation online by visiting the Ban Righ Centre website at http://banrighcentre.queensu.ca/making-a-donation/designating-a-gift/
Can I register at the door on the evening of the event?
- This event is SOLD OUT, so it's unlikely there will be tickets available at the door
How can I nominate someone for one of the awards?
- For the award criteria and nomination form, pleae visit the Ban Righ Centre website at http://banrighcentre.queensu.ca/ban-righ-foundation-mentoring-and-leadership-awards-2/
How can I contact the organizer if I have a question?
- Please call the Ban Righ Centre at 613-533-2976 or email: email@example.com
(*Photo credit for the Isabel Centre: Suzy Lamont Photography. Copyright Queen's University)