The Canadian Tire Snowsuit Fund Gala 2013
In the era of Marie Antoinette, extravagance was the order of the day: sumptuous lifestyles surrounded by unlimited opulence and over-the-top feasts of fantasy. Step into this gilded age at the 2013 Canadian Tire Snowsuit Fund Gala and allow yourself to be transported to another time. The Fairmont Château Laurier, transformed into a mini-Versailles, sets the stage for this stylish evening of exquisite dining, fabulous up-beat entertainment and abundant auctions - all in support of The Snowsuit Fund.
The evening features:
- Cocktail reception with a marvelous selection of hot and cold hors d’oeuvres and feature drinks
- Spectacular dinner menu inspired by an age of decadence and indulgence, created by the Fairmont Château Laurier’s culinary team
- Dancing to popular contemporary hits performed by the energetic SWAY Orchestra
- 200 silent auction items to suit every taste and budget
- Special premium silent auction table of high-end showcase items
- Exciting live auction featuring trips and one-of-a-kind items
- Deluxe Swag Bag for every guest
- Hosted by Honourary Chairs Chris & Erin Phillips, along with CTV’s Lianne Laing and 105.3 KISS FM’s Sandra Plagakis and Carter Brown
For more details or sponsorship information, please contact The Snowsuit Fund at 613-746-5143 or e-mail email@example.com
When & Where
The Snowsuit Fund
The Snowsuit Fund is an Ottawa-based charity that raises funds for the purchase and distribution of new snowsuits to needy children, 15 years and younger, in our community. We are just one social organization working to deal with the consequences of poverty in our region. But like so many of our sister organizations, the demand for our services continues to grow. In our 2014/2015 season, we distributed over 16,000 snowsuits – an amount that increases annually. In over thirty years of operation, we have managed to meet the challenge of keeping underprivileged kids warm during our cold winters. We have also brought dignity and hope to families who simply do not have the means to provide their children with the necessities for living. The benefits of our service are far-reaching for both individuals and our community as a whole. Ultimately, one cannot put a price tag on a child’s smile. Although we hope to one day close our doors for good, we realize that in the short term, we must continue to ensure that no child is left out in the cold. To do that, we rely entirely on the dedication of our staff, volunteer Board of Directors and the countless caring groups and individuals who give their time, money and talent to The Snowsuit Fund. Thanks to their commitment, we are able to keep our administrative costs low and focus our financial resources on purchasing snowsuits. Fortunately, we have been able to establish healthy relationships with several Canadian snowsuit manufacturers. Our negotiated prices allow us to obtain warm, fashionable and safe snowsuits at prices that stretch our dollars to the maximum. We must continually, however, seek out new ways in which we may sustain our operation. Your support will help us to fulfil our mandate in the challenging years ahead. And when a child is warmed by your generosity, we are all rewarded!